As you are probably aware, the World Health Organization (WHO), has now categorized the COVID-19 virus as an official “Pandemic”. We at Chamberlain Studios are actively staying current on the updates from our local and national authorities.
Currently, all of our classes and camps are running as scheduled, and we will keep you updated on any changes to our programming. Chamberlain Studios prides itself on maintaining some of the best martial arts training facilities to be found anywhere. We would like to update you on our continuing efforts to maintain a healthy environment for our students. Some of these practices include:
- Ongoing cleaning & sanitization of training areas, waiting areas, bathrooms & equipment.
- Frequent sanitization of training equipment and surfaces utilizing the high-grade hospital cleaner “KenClean”. This is typically performed 2-3 times per week, but during camps, this is done on a daily basis.
- Additional hand sanitizers throughout the dojo facilities
Instructors will be ensuring that all students sanitize their hands prior to getting on the mats, and upon leaving class. If a student appears to be under the weather (coughing, runny nose, etc.), they will be asked to take the day off from training. To our karate parents, we ask that you do not send your child to karate if they are not feeling well and students who do get sick need to be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to class. Parents who typically drop their child off at the dojo may be called back if their child presents with symptoms of illness (coughing, runny nose, fever, etc).
Please understand that, while your child might just be suffering from seasonal allergies, if it looks like they are sick, they will be sent home.
This is all for the benefit of our dojo Ohana (family) – smart practices will help keep students and instructors alike healthy through this season!
In the event that the schools in Dallas decide to close down, Chamberlain Studios will remain open, but will close for 48 hours to do a deep cleaning. When we reopen, we will be running regular classes, and we will also offer full day camps so your children have something safe, productive and fun to do while schools are closed!
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely. In the meantime, we recommend that you refer to the CDC website (CDC.gov) for their recommendations on keeping your family healthy, and to reiterate safe training practices remember:
- Do not train if you are ill or have flu-like symptoms
- Do not train with open cuts, wounds, or scratches
- Wash hands before training & after using the restroom (with soap & water)
- Trim fingers and toe nails
- Try to keep your hands away from your eyes, nose & mouth
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow
Please know that it has been difficult to get products as most places are sold out. If there are additional steps that you would like considered, please email us. It is our desire to keep everyone healthy and safe.
Wishing you safe and happy training in the martial arts,
Your CSSD Instructors & Staff