We’re thrilled that you’re interested in joining the Chamberlain Studios family and creating a new life in the martial arts! Chamberlain Studios of Self-Defense™ is the premier provider of martial arts instruction in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex.
The primary style of martial arts taught at Chamberlain Studios of Self-Defense™ is Gasan Ryu™ Kenpo: a practical, efficient, and easy to learn system that incorporates the kicking and punching of Karate, the throws, locks and matwork of Judo and Jiu-Jitsu, the explosive striking power of Kenpo, and the hand techniques of western boxing.
The training consists of practice in the following areas:
● Punching, kicking, striking, blocking and stance fundamentals
● Break falls, shoulder rolls, take-downs, sweeps and throws
● Self defense against grabbing attacks
● Self defense against punching attacks
● Self defense against weapon attacks (stick, knife, gun)
● Empty hand kata and weapon kata (Bo, Kama, Sai, Japanese Sword, Chinese Staff)
● Stand-up sparring (free fighting) and grappling and matwork
● History, terminology, and philosophy of the Martial Arts
We offer two methods of instruction: training in the Dallas-Ft. Worth dojos or online/distance learning with live streaming classes.
Training at the dojo is your best option as a student because you get precision, hands-on training with our instructors and other students.
As a dojo student you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Hands-on training with our expert instructors
- Classes 7 days a week
- Unlimited access to Gasan Ryu Kenpo classes at any of our three dojos in Dallas-Ft. Worth
- Unlimited access to our live streaming classes, class archive and curriculum training videos
- Unlimited access to our fitness classes
- Access to our twice monthly Kung Fu classes
- Access to hands on private lessons with our instructors
- Supplies: training bags, weapons, uniforms, etc
If you’re not in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metroplex, you can still learn with Chamberlain Studios!
As an Online student you’ll enjoy these benefits:
- Unlimited access to our live streaming kenpo classes, class archive, and training videos
- One 15 minute private lesson per week with one of our instructors
- Live beginners classes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays over Zoom
- Introductory conference/Zoom call (15-30 minutes): Initial class set-up, meet the instructor, computer software/hardware requirements, karate supplies and equipment, question and answer time, plus: history, terminology and dojo etiquette, etc.
- Supplies (uniforms, bags, weapons, etc) purchased online through Century Martial Arts and drop shipped to your home using our discount code
- Chamberlain Studios training manuals available through Amazon.com or from the dojo