Remote Homeschool Camp – Because Little Ninjas are not good coworkers!
Whether they’ve never tried karate before or they’re longstanding students, we can keep your kids moving AND doing their school work! Students can study, participate in zoom calls with teachers, and read in addition to our normal martial arts and crafts camp activities! We will help facilitate your child’s virtual school day in a safe and socially distanced environment. Plus, karate camp makes the BEST recess!
Our team of expert instructors will lead students through a fun packed martial arts program that will safely introduce new students to the martial arts and also polish and expand the skills of those with previous experience. The camp features the acclaimed 3-Steps to a Great Kid™ character development program. Camps will follow guidelines for social distancing, including masks, temperature checks, and non-contact activities. We will work with students on:
- Zoom calls and school videos
- Time for reading and independent work
- Activity during breaks from school work
- Basic Karate skills, rolls and falls
- Self defense techniques utilizing “shadow partners”, and Kata (forms)
- History of the Martial Arts
- Lessons in Mandarin Chinese & Music Theory
- Students may earn colored stripes towards their next belt rank.
- Games, Arts and Crafts
- Snack & Lunch Breaks
- Personal safety tips and when it is appropriate to use these new skills
- And so much more!
Please register online through the links below. You can also sign up for individual days or partial days! Please fill out this form and indicate which days/times you would like. We can keep kids moving in the house, too! We offer daily zoom classes in the morning and afternoon.
If you would like to print our registration form please see HERE for LAKEWOOD DOJO or BACHMAN DOJO in person camps.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, and email paperwork to email@example.com.
What to Bring
- A sack lunch and at least 2 snacks each day, your Karate uniform and belt (optional).
- Water Bottle (due to Board of Health regulations, locker rooms & water fountains are closed)
- Face mask (facial coverings are required inside businesses at this time)
- Computer or Ipad to be used for schoolwork – please email schedule and log in information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Headset to provide privacy & quiet for study & Zoom calls.
- Any pens/pencils or other materials needed for schoolwork (to be kept in a backpack)
- Blanket/pillow or other personal items desired to create a personal “study space” for the week.
Our custom CSSD karate uniform and belt is available from the instructor for $35. Certificates of completion and belt promotions will be awarded on the last day of the camp. Beginning/Intermediate students have the opportunity (at the instructors’ discretion) to be promoted at the end of camp.
In Person camps will run from 8:00 AM – 4 PM. We also offer Early Drop Off for these camps. Early Drop-Off is 7:30a – 8:00a and must be scheduled IN ADVANCE with the dojo. Due to additional cleaning and social distancing requirements, we cannot offer late pick up at this time.
|Camper||Individual Days||Full Week||Additional Full Week||Early Drop Off
- Please include full tuition with registration form(s)
- Please register online if possible. Registration may be submitted by fax: 214-366-3916, email (info@DallasKenpo.com) and mail.
- Cash and checks accepted at the office, payable to CSSD.
- Credit Card Payments accepted through online registration forms, in person, over the phone, or on paper registration forms