Whether they’ve never tried karate before or they’re longstanding students, if you’re looking to keep your kids moving this summer, and safely, try our weekly summer camps, where we cover things like:
- Striking and kicking drills
- Self-defense techniques utilizing “shadow partners”
- Martial arts forms (Kata) and history
- Personal safety tips
- And so much more!
June 21st – August 20th
Lakewood Hombu Dojo
We now have two ways to register: online or by downloading and emailing us the registration forms. If you choose email, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to attend camp for a full week (or a full day), you may sign up for individual days or partial days. Please email us for more information.
If your son or daughter has wanted to try karate and the Martial Arts, then this is the perfect opportunity for them to train safely with high-ranking, experienced instructors. Children are grouped for activities by age and rank. Discounts for additional camps and siblings!
Our team of expert instructors will lead students through a fun packed martial arts program that will safely introduce new students to the martial arts and also polish and expand the skills of those with previous experience. The camp features the acclaimed 3-Steps to a Great Kid™ character development program. Camps will follow guidelines for social distancing, while covering all the important areas of training, including:
- Basic Karate skills, rolls, and falls
- Self defense techniques and forms
- History of the Martial Arts, personal safety tips
- Chanbara padded weapons drills & competitions
- Board breaking, karate weapons (wooden sword & staff)
- Students will have the opportunity to earn colored stripes towards their next belt rank.
- When it is appropriate to use these new skills, and much, much more!
Our custom CSSD karate uniform and belt is available from the instructor for $35. Certificates of completion and belt promotions will be awarded on the last day of the camp. Beginning/Intermediate students have the opportunity (at the instructors’ discretion) to be promoted at the end of camp.
We are also offering these camps ONLINE! The Chamberlain Studios of Self Defense ONLINE Karate Ninja Camp is an action-packed martial arts class offered via ZOOM. Our expert instructors will lead students through a fun martial arts and character development program including striking and kicking drills, self-defense techniques utilizing “shadow partners,” martial arts forms (Kata) and history, and crafts that focus on martial arts and Asian culture.
In Person camps will run from 8:30 AM – 4 PM. We also offer Early Drop Off for these camps. Early Drop-Off is 7:45a – 8:30a and must be scheduled IN ADVANCE with the dojo. Due to additional cleaning and social distancing requirements, we cannot offer late pick up at this time.
|Weeks||Lakewood||Extended Day - Early Drop Off|
|June 21-25||8:30 AM - 4 PM||7:45 AM - 8:25AM (booked in advanced)|
|June 28-July 2||8:30 AM - 4 PM||7:45 AM - 8:25AM (booked in advanced)|
|July 5-9||8:30 AM - 4 PM||7:45 AM - 8:25AM (booked in advanced)|
|July 12-16||8:30 AM - 4 PM||7:45 AM - 8:25AM (booked in advanced)|
|July 19-23||8:30 AM - 4 PM||7:45 AM - 8:25AM (booked in advanced)|
|July 26-30||8:30 AM - 4 PM||7:45 AM - 8:25AM (booked in advanced)|
|August 2-6||8:30 AM - 4 PM||7:45 AM - 8:25AM (booked in advanced)|
|August 9-13||8:30 AM - 4 PM||7:45 AM - 8:25AM (booked in advanced)|
|August 16-20||8:30 AM - 4 PM||7:45 AM - 8:25AM (booked in advanced)|
- Single session tuition is $349 for the first child and $260 for siblings
- For additional camps, the cost is $314 for a single camper or $225 for a sibling (see savings of $35/camp below).
|Camper||Individual Days||Full Week||Additional Full Week||Early Drop Off
- Please include full tuition with registration form(s)
- Applications may be submitted by fax: 214-366-3916, email (info@DallasKenpo.com) and mail anytime
- Cash and checks accepted at the office, payable to CSSD.
- Credit Card Payments accepted through online registration forms, at the office, on registration forms, or over the phone.
What to Bring
- A sack lunch and 2 snacks each day, your Karate uniform and belt, and water bottle.
- Masks are currently required for in person camps.
- Completed chores worksheet, extra credit projects, “Show and Tell” item