Schools are closed? Join us for Camp!
Camp: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 4 PM – Between March 23 and May 27. We will run this camp when the city of Dallas allows businesses to reopen, and continue as needed when schools are closed.
Call us to register over the phone at: 214-351-5367 and then download and fill in the Schools Are Closed! 2020 Registration Form and bring it by the studio!
When the City of Dallas allows our facility to reopen in one week, Chamberlain Studios will remain open for our families, while schools are closed.
We will offer full day camps so your children have something safe, productive and fun to do while schools are closed!
Chamberlain Studios prides itself on maintaining some of the best martial arts training facilities to be found anywhere. We would like to remind you about our continuing efforts to maintain a healthy environment for our students. Some of these practices include:
- Ongoing DAILY cleaning & sanitization of training areas, waiting areas, bathrooms & equipment.
- Frequent sanitization of training equipment and surfaces utilizing the high-grade hospital cleaner “KenClean”. This is typically performed 2-3 times per week, but during camps, this is done on a daily basis. We have placed additional hand sanitizers throughout the dojo facilities.
- Upon arrival to camp, all students will be checked for a fever. Any student with a temperature over 99.9 will be sent home.
- Any student who appears sick (runny nose, coughing, etc), will not be permitted in camp or class that day.
- Instructors will ensure students wash hands frequently throughout the day, as well as sanitizing before entering and after leaving the mat.
- If your child is sick with flu-like symptoms, please skip class until they are well.
- If you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution, wait 14 days until you return to class to make sure you have not contracted the coronavirus.
Please understand that, while your child might just be suffering from seasonal allergies, if it looks like they are sick, they will be sent home.
It is important to know that the majority of people infected with the coronavirus experience flu-like symptoms and then recover. Most people do not develop serious respiratory complications. Those most at risk of becoming seriously ill are elderly people and those with underlying medical conditions such as diabetes and kidney disease, among others.
Children, thus far, have been largely unaffected.
Schedules and Discounted Rates
Chamberlain Studios realizes the financial stress of unplanned expenses. For this reason, we are offering these camp days at a discounted rate from our regular camp.
Please let us know which dates you are interested in so we can plan for instructors. We will monitor the school schedules, and request payment the week before each camp.
Our team of expert instructors will lead students through a fun packed martial arts program that will safely introduce new students to the martial arts and also polish and expand the skills of those with previous experience. The camp features the acclaimed 3-Steps to a Great Kid™ character development program. Activities cover all the important areas of training, including:
- Basic Karate skills, rolls and falls,
- Self defense techniques, sparring and forms,
- Wrestling/ground work and Brazilian jiu-jitsu,
- History of the Martial Arts, personal safety tips,
- Evening movie and pizza if it is a sleepover camp,
- Chanbara padded weapons drills & competitions,
- Board breaking, karate weapons (wooden sword & staff),
- When it is appropriate to use these new skills, and much, much more!
Uniforms for camps are optional, but if you would like one, they can be purchased at the studio for $35.