Kids Karate Summer Camps 2017:
Chamberlain Studios is pleased to annouce the 2017 Summer Camp Schedule!
Please note that if you wish your child to take a PARTIAL DAY camp instead of the full day, you can do that! Please contact Sensei Kellyn at the dojo at: 214-351-5367 for specifics on pricing for the days & times you would like your child to attend camp.
When schools close for the summer, Chamberlain Studios opens it's doors for our exciting Karate Summer Camps! If your son or daughter has wanted to try karate and the Martial Arts, then this is the perfect opportunity for them to train safely with high-ranking, experienced instructors. Children are divided in each activity by age and ability. 4-6 and 7 & up. Discounts for additional camps and siblings!
Our team of expert instructors will lead students through a fun packed martial arts program that will safely introduce new students to the martial arts and also polish and expand the skills of those with previous experience. The camp features the acclaimed 3-Steps to a Great Kid™ character development program. Activities cover all the important areas of training, including:
- Basic Karate skills, rolls and falls
- Self defense techniques, sparring and forms,
- Wrestling/ground work and Brazilian jiu-jitsu
- History of the Martial Arts, personal safety tips
- Chanbara padded weapons drills & competitions
- Board breaking, karate weapons (wooden sword & staff)
- Swimming safety, (Love Field camps only)
- When it is appropriate to use these new skills, and much, much more!
A Karate uniform and belt is available from the instructor for $45. Certificates of completion and belt promotions will be awarded on the last day of the camp. Beginning students (White through Orange) may be promoted up to three belt ranks during the summer camps. Intermediate students (Purple & Blue) may be promoted up to two belt ranks during the summer, and advanced students (Green & Brown) are promoted based on instructor discretion. There is a 20 minute demonstration for the parents at the end of the last day of camp.
Camp Weeks Lakewood Love Field Times
June 5 - 9 ____ ____ 8:30a-4:30p
June 12-16 ____ No Camp 8:30a-4:30p
June 19-23 No Camp ____ 8:30a-4:30p
June 26-30 ____ No Camp 8:30a-4:30p
July 3-7 ____ No Camp 8:30a-4:30p (no camp Tues 4th)
July 10-14 ____ No Camp 8:30a-4:30p
July 17-21 ____ No Camp 8:30a-4:30p
July 24-28 ____ No Camp 8:30a-4:30p
July 31- Aug 4 ____ No Camp 8:30a-4:30p
Aug 7-11 ____ No Camp 8:30a-4:30p
Aug 14-18 ____ ____ 8:30a-4:30p
Aug 18 Sleepover ____ No Sleepover Fri. 6:30pm - Sat. 8:30am
(Add $100 for Fri. night sleepover at the Lakewood Dojo on Friday the 18th, includes dinner, Spar Wars, games, movie, & breakfast buffet at Whole Foods.)
Tuition for camp weeks that are shorter (4 days) will be prorated.
- Single session tuition is $300 for the first child and $250 for siblings
- For additional camps, the cost is $270 for a single camper or
$220 for a sibling (see savings of $30/camp below).
Including $30 discount for
$300 $570 $840 $1110 $1380 $1650 $1920 $2190 $2460 $2730 Sibling tuition: with sibliing and multiple camp discount: $250 $470 $690 $910 $1130 $1350 $1570 $1790 $2010 $2230 Week of Jul 5-8 (Pro-rated 4 day week) Sibling = 25% discount $240 Add $75 per child (or 25% sibling discount) to stay for the sleepover on Friday, August 12th) Includes dinner, games, movie & breakfast buffet at Whole Foods! Bring sleeping bag, pillow, and air mattress if you want one.
TOTAL FOR ALL CAMPS: $ ___________
- Please include full tuition with registration form(s)
- Applications may be submitted by fax and mail anytime, or by hand when the dojo office is open (days 4-8pm and class times).
- Cash and checks accepted at the office, payable to CSSD.
Credit Cards accepted: MC VISA DISC
WHAT TO BRING:
- A sack lunch and 2 snacks each day
- Karate uniform and belt
- Completed chores worksheet (pick up in camp on day #1)
- "Show and Tell" item (once per week, as per schedule created on day #1 )
- Extra credit projects (coloring, completion and skills sheets, etc.)
Love Field students bring swim suit and towel etc., if they are going in the pool for the two 45 minute sessions of shark safety (Tues. & Thurs.), courtesy of our South Pacific Island instructor, Shihan Rollend Nery.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Call us at: 214-351-5367 and we can register you over the phone or
- Download the Registration Form and bring the completed form to the office or
- Email it to info@DallasKenpo.com or
- Fax it to us at: 214-366-3916.
We're looking forward to a great summer in 2017. See you in Camp!
Best Wishes, the Instructors and Staff at Chamberlain Studios of Self Defense™