Gasan Ryu Kenpo™
The primary style of martial arts taught at Chamberlain Studios of Self-Defense™ is Gasan Ryu™ Kenpo. Gasan Ryu™ (Moon-Mountain style) is a practical, efficient, and easy to learn system that incorporates the kicking and punching of Karate, the throws, locks and matt-work of Judo and Jiu-Jitsu, the explosive striking power of Kenpo, and the hand techniques of western boxing. It is an offshoot of the Hawaiian system of Kajukenbo and Nick Cerio's Kenpo.
The training consists of practice in the following areas:
● Punching, kicking,
striking, blocking and stance fundamentals
● Break falls, shoulder rolls, take-downs, sweeps and throws
● Self defense against grabbing attacks
● Self defense against punching attacks
● Self defense against weapon attacks (stick, knife, gun)
● Empty hand kata and weapon kata (Bo, Kama, Sai, Japanese Sword, Chinese Staff)
● Stand-up sparring (free fighting) and grappling and matt-work
● History, terminology, and philosophy of the Martial Arts
Check out the Full Curriculum through Black Belt in our library section and see clips of varios activities (tournaments, workshops, seminars, cold weather training, ice breaking, etc.) on our YouTube site at ChamberlainKarate.
Gasan Ryu™ Kenpo will give you a well rounded system of self defense that you can tailor to your own needs and interests. It was developed by Dr Nick Chamberlain after 25 years of training with some of the world's best Martial Arts instructors.
Come and join us for a FREE introductory class and try out our great classes! Classes are held 6 days a week, see the adult or children's schedule.
Tuition is $135/month